At Adina Designed Interiors we can cater for all your cabinetry needs. We pride ourselves on good honest advice, professionalism and quality work built to last.
Spruce Up Your Home Office With These Interior Design Tips
Do you feel like your home office is just not cutting it? Are you not motivated to work in the space because it's cluttered and outdated? It's time to give your home office a makeover! In this article, we will discuss some interior design tips that will help you create a workspace that you'll love. With a few simple changes, you can turn your home office into a productive and stylish space!
Key interior design tips discussed in this article:
- Quick tips to lift your workspace, so you can't wait to spend some time in it
- How interior designers choose a feature colour or wallpaper
- How to create balance in your workspace
- When should you consider hiring a professional interior designer to upgrade your home office?
Quick tips to lift your workspace, so you can't wait to spend some time in it:
- Add a splash of colour to your office with a brightly-coloured rug, chair or a fresh coat of paint
- Hang some interesting artwork or photographs on the walls
- Maximize natural light by moving furniture around or adding window treatments
- Use plants to add life and greenery to the room
- Use decorative accessories to add personality
- Install some shelving or cabinets to organize your supplies and files - essentially declutter and make your space look organised.
- Get rid of distractions and make your work area comfortable
- Add a comfortable chair or couch for taking breaks or mixing up the way you work
Experiment until you find what works best for you!
How Interior designers choose a feature colour or wallpaper
Choosing a feature colour or wallpaper for a room can be a daunting task for even the most experienced interior designer. There are thousands of paint colours and wallpaper patterns to choose from, so how do you narrow it down? The first step is to consider the overall atmosphere you want to create in the space. Are you going for a warm and inviting feel or a more modern and contemporary look? Once you have an idea of the general mood you're trying to achieve, you can start looking at paint colours and wallpaper patterns that will help to create that atmosphere.
What mood does your paint convey?
To help you make that decision here are a few quick tips:
- Cheerful yellow paint can help to create a warm and inviting atmosphere
- Cool blues can make a space feel more calm and serene.
- Black can give you an ultra-modern look if you use it sparingly
- A bright colour like orange can give your atmosphere a creative feel. Match this up with black as above, and you will get an ultra-modern look.
Given the power of paint colours to influence our emotions, it's important to choose shades that will promote the desired mood in each room of the house. We say house here, as you’re working from home so your overall home should help you relax, yet stay productive :), well most of the time ;).
Consider Wallpapers to lift your office space
Wallpapers are another great way to add pops of colour and personality to a space. Feature walls are especially popular in contemporary design, as they provide a focal point and add visual interest.
It's also important to keep in mind the size of your office room when choosing a feature colour or wallpaper. Prominent, bright paint colours can make a small room feel claustrophobic, while a small patterned wallpaper may get lost in a large space. By taking all of these factors into consideration, you can narrow down your choices and find the perfect feature colour or wallpaper for your home office space.
How to create balance in your workspace
Achieving balance in your workspace can be crucial to promoting a sense of calm and well-being. However, it can be tricky to know where to start. Here are a few simple tips that can help you create a more balanced workspace
- Consider the colours in your space ( outlined above in more detail). When using paint or wallpaper, consider adding a feature colour that will help to ground the room and create a sense of harmony.
- Declutter your space. Clutter can be a major source of stress, so take some time to declutter and simplify your workspace. Don't forget to include vertical surfaces like walls and shelves in your decluttering efforts!
- Use symmetry and proportions. Creating a sense of symmetry and balance in your workspace can help to promote a feeling of calm and uniqueness. Try arranging furniture and décor items in pairs or groupings of three for the best results.
When should you consider hiring a professional interior designer to upgrade your home office?
If you're looking to upgrade your home office, there are a few things you can do yourself to add a fresh new look. As discussed, paint is always a good way to give any room a new lease on life but getting the correct colour is not as easy as it seems and you may just not have the time. Or you may just not be confident in your DIY skills. So When it comes to choosing paint colours and wallpaper patterns, an experienced interior designer in Bundaberg can help you select the right colours and patterns that will complement your existing furniture and decor. They can also give you advice on how to best use paint and wallpaper to create the illusion of more space or make a small room appear cozier. It's amazing how getting this correct can make such a huge difference to your workspace and then if you want to give it a major upgrade a Bundaberg interior designer can help you do everything to a much higher standard. So if you're not sure where to start with upgrading your home office, consider hiring professional architects & designers to help you create a space that's both stylish and functional.
Start upgrading your home office today
If you’re looking for a quick way to lift your workspace and make it feel more inviting, professional or creative then try implementing some of the above tips. If though, you're super busy with other endeavours due to the life balance you have :), then consider getting an interior designer onto the job. They will help you choose colours or wallpaper, or give professional advice on how to create balance in your office space.
At Adina Designed Interiors we have years of experience working with clients to upgrade their home offices into areas that are not only beautiful but also productive and inspiring. If you are ready to enjoy your office space more contact us today!
Ready to have your design vision come to life?
Get our creative team of designers and craftsmen to help you create a memorable space.